Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed August 22, 2012
Prison Educator Faces Rape Charge
A Kentucky State Penitentiary employee faces rape charges following her arrest for an alleged sexual relationship with an inmate. Forty-one year old Lori Holsapple of Kuttawa was taken into custody late last week following a two-month state police investigation. Holsapple worked as an educator at the Eddyville facility, and has been charged with third-degree rape. KSP Post 1 public affairs officer Trooper Jay Thomas says even though it was a consensual relationship, she received charges of rape due to her employment. Thomas did not offer information on the inmate involved. The all-male maximum security prison has multiple adult and vocational education programs. Holsapple will be arraigned in Lyon Circuit Court September 17th.