Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri November 13, 2009
Prison Costs, Population Rise
By Angela Hatton
Frankfort, KY – A new report says that Kentucky's prison population and costs have risen sharply in the past decade. The report from the legislature's Program Review and Investigations Committee says the state's prison population has increased by around six thousand in the last decade and costs have gone up 157 million dollars. The Lexington Herald-Leader reports that despite the increases, Kentucky's spending for prisons is on par with states that have similar prison populations.