Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Crime and Law
Thu March 22, 2012
Principal Resigns Amidst Rape Charges
FormerSouth Marshall Middle Schoolprincipal Kent Barlow has resigned in the midst of an investigation into charges of rape and unlawful imprisonment. Barlow appeared in Marshall District Court Wednesday and waived his right to a preliminary hearing. The Paducah Sun reports Superintendent Trent Lovett confirms Barlow’s resignation. The district begins a search for his replacement today and will fill the position before July 1. Kentucky State Police arrested Barlow following allegations of rape by a female acquaintance. The case now goes before the grand jury. Barlow next appears in court April 16th.