Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri July 11, 2014
Princeton Police Chief Kills Bank Robber
The Princeton Police Chief has shot and killed a man attempting to rob the city’s Planters Bank. Media report the same bank was robbed on Wednesday.
Kentucky State Troopers say James Hamm, 67, of Princeton entered the bank shortly after it opened this morning wearing stockings over his face and brandishing a gun.
Princeton Police Chief Don Weedman was inside the bank and instructed Hamm to drop his weapon. Hamm ignored the chief’s order fired his weapon while turning toward the chief. Weedman returned fire killing Hamm. No one else was injured in the shooting.
Chief Weedman is on administrative leave as the Kentucky State Police investigate the incident.