Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Nearly a Year After Kentucky Legislature's OK, Cannabidiol is Still Unavailable
Fri July 11, 2014
Princeton Police Chief Kills Bank Robber
The Princeton Police Chief has shot and killed a man attempting to rob the city’s Planters Bank. Media report the same bank was robbed on Wednesday.
Kentucky State Troopers say James Hamm, 67, of Princeton entered the bank shortly after it opened this morning wearing stockings over his face and brandishing a gun.
Princeton Police Chief Don Weedman was inside the bank and instructed Hamm to drop his weapon. Hamm ignored the chief’s order fired his weapon while turning toward the chief. Weedman returned fire killing Hamm. No one else was injured in the shooting.
Chief Weedman is on administrative leave as the Kentucky State Police investigate the incident.