Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Mon August 17, 2009
Princeton Electric Looking at Rural Broadband
By Chris Taylor
Princeton, KY – The board of directors at Princeton Electric Plant is looking into expanding broadband internet service to rural residents outside the city limits. The board approved a resolution to submit an application for stimulus funds last Thursday. If funds are awarded, three towers will be erected near Fredonia, Dawson Springs, and Eddy Bay in Lyon County. The towers would stand about 200 feet tall and provide broadband connectivity to customers within a 4-mile radius.