Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Mon August 17, 2009
Princeton Electric Looking at Rural Broadband
By Chris Taylor
Princeton, KY – The board of directors at Princeton Electric Plant is looking into expanding broadband internet service to rural residents outside the city limits. The board approved a resolution to submit an application for stimulus funds last Thursday. If funds are awarded, three towers will be erected near Fredonia, Dawson Springs, and Eddy Bay in Lyon County. The towers would stand about 200 feet tall and provide broadband connectivity to customers within a 4-mile radius.