Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Mon October 1, 2012
Princeton City Council Hears Second Reading of Alcohol Ordinance
The Princeton City Council holds the second reading of its proposed alcohol ordinance tonight. City residents voted in August to go wet. The proposed measure allows businesses to sell alcohol from 7 a.m. to midnight, except on Sunday. Liquor stores may not be located within 1,000 feet of a school or within 200 feet of a church.
City Clerk Julie Key says the city will also hold an informational meeting on October 16 for individuals applying for liquor licenses. Key adds some individuals have begun advertising their intent to file for a license per state regulation.