Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Wed September 19, 2012
Princeton City Council Hears First Reading of the Alcohol Ordinance
The Princeton City Council has passed the first reading of an alcohol ordinance. City residents voted in August to go wet. The proposed measure allows businesses to sell alcohol from 7 a.m. to midnight, except on Sunday.
Businesses may also not open a liquor store within 1,000 feet of a school or within 200 feet of a church. The ordinance has its second reading Oct. 1.