Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
Wed September 19, 2012
Princeton City Council Hears First Reading of the Alcohol Ordinance
The Princeton City Council has passed the first reading of an alcohol ordinance. City residents voted in August to go wet. The proposed measure allows businesses to sell alcohol from 7 a.m. to midnight, except on Sunday.
Businesses may also not open a liquor store within 1,000 feet of a school or within 200 feet of a church. The ordinance has its second reading Oct. 1.