Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Wed September 19, 2012
Princeton City Council Hears First Reading of the Alcohol Ordinance
The Princeton City Council has passed the first reading of an alcohol ordinance. City residents voted in August to go wet. The proposed measure allows businesses to sell alcohol from 7 a.m. to midnight, except on Sunday.
Businesses may also not open a liquor store within 1,000 feet of a school or within 200 feet of a church. The ordinance has its second reading Oct. 1.