Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed January 21, 2009
Price Gouging Investigation Results to Be Announced
By Carrie Pond
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear and Attorney General Jack Conway are planning to announce the results of a gas price-gouging investigation stemming from Hurricane Ike. They held press conference late this morning in Frankfort. Gas prices in Kentucky spiked in September as Hurricane Ike bore down on the Texas coast, prompting Beshear to declare a state of emergency, which triggered the state's anti-price gouging law. Beshear has said some gas stations started raising fuel prices overnight before the storm made landfall.