Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed January 21, 2009
Price Gouging Investigation Results to Be Announced
By Carrie Pond
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear and Attorney General Jack Conway are planning to announce the results of a gas price-gouging investigation stemming from Hurricane Ike. They held press conference late this morning in Frankfort. Gas prices in Kentucky spiked in September as Hurricane Ike bore down on the Texas coast, prompting Beshear to declare a state of emergency, which triggered the state's anti-price gouging law. Beshear has said some gas stations started raising fuel prices overnight before the storm made landfall.