Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed January 21, 2009
Price Gouging Investigation Results to Be Announced
By Carrie Pond
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear and Attorney General Jack Conway are planning to announce the results of a gas price-gouging investigation stemming from Hurricane Ike. They held press conference late this morning in Frankfort. Gas prices in Kentucky spiked in September as Hurricane Ike bore down on the Texas coast, prompting Beshear to declare a state of emergency, which triggered the state's anti-price gouging law. Beshear has said some gas stations started raising fuel prices overnight before the storm made landfall.