Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Mon October 8, 2012
Presenters Highlight MSU Programs at Legislative Committee Meeting
Members of the Kentucky Interim Joint Committee on Education held their monthly meeting today at Murray State University. Legislators heard about the impact the Murray State College of Education and the Center for Telecommunications Systems Management are making inside and outside Kentucky. The MSU TSM program is the only Murray State degree that combines learning from two colleges and seven departments. Stan Eckenberg, CEO of Computer Services, Inc., (CSI) of Paducah, also spoke in favor of the program. CSI is the largest single employer of TSM graduates.
Retiring Senate Education Committee Chair Ken Winters, of Murray, also received praise during the meeting with an award from Kentucky Youth Advocates. Winters got the honor for his work on two bills to help children of all backgrounds succeed in life.