Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Mon October 8, 2012
Presenters Highlight MSU Programs at Legislative Committee Meeting
Members of the Kentucky Interim Joint Committee on Education held their monthly meeting today at Murray State University. Legislators heard about the impact the Murray State College of Education and the Center for Telecommunications Systems Management are making inside and outside Kentucky. The MSU TSM program is the only Murray State degree that combines learning from two colleges and seven departments. Stan Eckenberg, CEO of Computer Services, Inc., (CSI) of Paducah, also spoke in favor of the program. CSI is the largest single employer of TSM graduates.
Retiring Senate Education Committee Chair Ken Winters, of Murray, also received praise during the meeting with an award from Kentucky Youth Advocates. Winters got the honor for his work on two bills to help children of all backgrounds succeed in life.