Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon October 8, 2012
Presenters Highlight MSU Programs at Legislative Committee Meeting
Members of the Kentucky Interim Joint Committee on Education held their monthly meeting today at Murray State University. Legislators heard about the impact the Murray State College of Education and the Center for Telecommunications Systems Management are making inside and outside Kentucky. The MSU TSM program is the only Murray State degree that combines learning from two colleges and seven departments. Stan Eckenberg, CEO of Computer Services, Inc., (CSI) of Paducah, also spoke in favor of the program. CSI is the largest single employer of TSM graduates.
Retiring Senate Education Committee Chair Ken Winters, of Murray, also received praise during the meeting with an award from Kentucky Youth Advocates. Winters got the honor for his work on two bills to help children of all backgrounds succeed in life.