Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Wed February 1, 2012
Prescription Drug Summit
By Drew Adams
Murray, KY – The Commonwealth's fight against prescription pill abuse will be the focus at a Lexington summit which will draw political leaders and prosecutors. Governor Steve Beshear will be among the speakers at today's session. The forum includes panel discussions on responses from the pharmaceutical, medical, and law enforcement communities. Florida U.S. Attorney Wifredo Ferrer will speak about efforts to tackle the pill-mill epidemic. Both of Kentucky's U.S. Kentucky attorneys are expected to attend, along with the Commonwealth's Attorney General Jack Conway.