Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Wed February 1, 2012
Prescription Drug Summit
By Drew Adams
Murray, KY – The Commonwealth's fight against prescription pill abuse will be the focus at a Lexington summit which will draw political leaders and prosecutors. Governor Steve Beshear will be among the speakers at today's session. The forum includes panel discussions on responses from the pharmaceutical, medical, and law enforcement communities. Florida U.S. Attorney Wifredo Ferrer will speak about efforts to tackle the pill-mill epidemic. Both of Kentucky's U.S. Kentucky attorneys are expected to attend, along with the Commonwealth's Attorney General Jack Conway.