Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed February 1, 2012
Prescription Drug Summit
By Drew Adams
Murray, KY – The Commonwealth's fight against prescription pill abuse will be the focus at a Lexington summit which will draw political leaders and prosecutors. Governor Steve Beshear will be among the speakers at today's session. The forum includes panel discussions on responses from the pharmaceutical, medical, and law enforcement communities. Florida U.S. Attorney Wifredo Ferrer will speak about efforts to tackle the pill-mill epidemic. Both of Kentucky's U.S. Kentucky attorneys are expected to attend, along with the Commonwealth's Attorney General Jack Conway.