Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Wed February 1, 2012
Prescription Drug Summit
By Drew Adams
Murray, KY – The Commonwealth's fight against prescription pill abuse will be the focus at a Lexington summit which will draw political leaders and prosecutors. Governor Steve Beshear will be among the speakers at today's session. The forum includes panel discussions on responses from the pharmaceutical, medical, and law enforcement communities. Florida U.S. Attorney Wifredo Ferrer will speak about efforts to tackle the pill-mill epidemic. Both of Kentucky's U.S. Kentucky attorneys are expected to attend, along with the Commonwealth's Attorney General Jack Conway.