Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Wed February 1, 2012
Prescription Drug Summit
By Drew Adams
Murray, KY – The Commonwealth's fight against prescription pill abuse will be the focus at a Lexington summit which will draw political leaders and prosecutors. Governor Steve Beshear will be among the speakers at today's session. The forum includes panel discussions on responses from the pharmaceutical, medical, and law enforcement communities. Florida U.S. Attorney Wifredo Ferrer will speak about efforts to tackle the pill-mill epidemic. Both of Kentucky's U.S. Kentucky attorneys are expected to attend, along with the Commonwealth's Attorney General Jack Conway.