Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
Fri September 7, 2012
Preliminary Numbers Show MSU Students Up in Fall, Down in Summer
Preliminary numbers show Murray State student enrollment is up this fall, after it dipped during the summer. University officials reported to the Murray State Board of Regents today that enrollment rose four percent from last year for this fall. And first time freshman numbers were up five percent. Summer class enrollment fell nine percent from last year.
Enrollment Management Director Fred Dietz credits the decrease to the poor economy, and changes in Pell grant rules that prevent students from using those funds in the summer. Dietz says final enrollment statistics will be out in late October.