Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Fri September 7, 2012
Preliminary Numbers Show MSU Students Up in Fall, Down in Summer
Preliminary numbers show Murray State student enrollment is up this fall, after it dipped during the summer. University officials reported to the Murray State Board of Regents today that enrollment rose four percent from last year for this fall. And first time freshman numbers were up five percent. Summer class enrollment fell nine percent from last year.
Enrollment Management Director Fred Dietz credits the decrease to the poor economy, and changes in Pell grant rules that prevent students from using those funds in the summer. Dietz says final enrollment statistics will be out in late October.