Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Fri September 7, 2012
Preliminary Numbers Show MSU Students Up in Fall, Down in Summer
Preliminary numbers show Murray State student enrollment is up this fall, after it dipped during the summer. University officials reported to the Murray State Board of Regents today that enrollment rose four percent from last year for this fall. And first time freshman numbers were up five percent. Summer class enrollment fell nine percent from last year.
Enrollment Management Director Fred Dietz credits the decrease to the poor economy, and changes in Pell grant rules that prevent students from using those funds in the summer. Dietz says final enrollment statistics will be out in late October.