Most Active Stories
- How Murray State is Introducing Kids to Emerging World of Robotics
- Bluegrass Pipeline's Developer Is Appealing the Eminent Domain Ruling
- Pro-McConnell NRA Mailer Blasting Bloomberg Comes As Senator Defends Wife's Role on Bloomberg Board
- VIDEO: Vickie Vaughn Band Plays 'Sounds Good Live Lunch'
- Report: Alison Lundergan Grimes May Have Received Illegal Campaign Help From Her Father
Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Fri March 14, 2014
Originally published on Sat March 15, 2014 11:55 am
PETER SAGAL, HOST:
Now panel, how will the web celebrate its 25th birthday? Charlie Pierce.
CHARLIE PIERCE: It will reveal that all those Nigerian bankers were actually telling the truth. Suckers.
SAGAL: Cindy Shupack.
CINDY SHUPACK: Well, we won't know until the next day when photos start appearing on Facebook and getting Tweeted out about the internet dancing naked on a table in Las Vegas. And then it will be very embarrassing because years from now when people want to work with the internet, they'll look back at those pictures and although it's just turning 25 it still seems a little iffy.
SAGAL: I wouldn't trust it. Paula Poundstone.
PAULA POUNDSTONE: Well, there's going to be a surprise party for the internet and a bunch of bad punctuation and porn's going to jump out of a cake.
CARL KASELL: Well, if any of that happens, panel, we'll ask you about it on WAIT WAIT...DON'T TELL ME!
SAGAL: Thank you, Carl Kasell. Thanks also to Charlie Pierce, Paula Poundstone and (unintelligible) to Cindy Shupack. Thanks to all of you for listening. I'm Peter Sagal. We'll see you next week in the zoo, Kalamazoo, Michigan.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
SAGAL: This is NPR. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.