Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri February 24, 2012
Prayer Breakfast Challenge
The Freedom from Religion Foundation wants Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear to cancel an upcoming prayer breakfast in Frankfort, claiming it constitutes an unconstitutional endorsement of religion. Group co-founder Annie Laurie Gaylor sent Beshear a letter yesterday telling him she considers the annual event set for March 6 to be, in her words, unnecessary, divisive and not within the power of civil government. The breakfast is a longstanding tradition in Kentucky. Beshear has hosted a prayer breakfast every year since taking office in 2007.