Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Wed January 25, 2012
PRA Becomes a City Agency
By Todd Hatton
Murray, KY – Paducah city commissioners voted last night to abolish the current Paducah Renaissance Alliance and re-create it as a city department called Main Street. Officials took the step as part of ongoing efforts to determine the best way to promote and develop the downtown and Lower Town areas. With the approval, the four-member PRA staff will report to the City Manager. The nine-member PRA board will function in an advisory capacity. The new Main Street department will continue to use the logo and Paducah Renaissance Alliance name in its marketing.