Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon November 18, 2013
PPS Vance honored With Ethics Award
Public Protection Secretary Robert Vance has been honored for the "highest level" of ethical standards by a watchdog panel that oversees the behavior of executive branch staffers.
The Executive Branch Ethics Commission recently presented Vance with the Livingston Taylor Ethics Award.
John Steffen, head of the commission, says Vance has stressed ethical behavior in his role as head of the Kentucky Public Protection Cabinet.
Besides requiring his employees to attend ethics training, Vance started an internal evaluation program that includes coaching employees on making ethical decisions.