Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Mon November 18, 2013
PPS Vance honored With Ethics Award
Public Protection Secretary Robert Vance has been honored for the "highest level" of ethical standards by a watchdog panel that oversees the behavior of executive branch staffers.
The Executive Branch Ethics Commission recently presented Vance with the Livingston Taylor Ethics Award.
John Steffen, head of the commission, says Vance has stressed ethical behavior in his role as head of the Kentucky Public Protection Cabinet.
Besides requiring his employees to attend ethics training, Vance started an internal evaluation program that includes coaching employees on making ethical decisions.