Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon November 18, 2013
PPS Vance honored With Ethics Award
Public Protection Secretary Robert Vance has been honored for the "highest level" of ethical standards by a watchdog panel that oversees the behavior of executive branch staffers.
The Executive Branch Ethics Commission recently presented Vance with the Livingston Taylor Ethics Award.
John Steffen, head of the commission, says Vance has stressed ethical behavior in his role as head of the Kentucky Public Protection Cabinet.
Besides requiring his employees to attend ethics training, Vance started an internal evaluation program that includes coaching employees on making ethical decisions.