Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Mon November 18, 2013
PPS Vance honored With Ethics Award
Public Protection Secretary Robert Vance has been honored for the "highest level" of ethical standards by a watchdog panel that oversees the behavior of executive branch staffers.
The Executive Branch Ethics Commission recently presented Vance with the Livingston Taylor Ethics Award.
John Steffen, head of the commission, says Vance has stressed ethical behavior in his role as head of the Kentucky Public Protection Cabinet.
Besides requiring his employees to attend ethics training, Vance started an internal evaluation program that includes coaching employees on making ethical decisions.