Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Mon November 18, 2013
PPS Vance honored With Ethics Award
Public Protection Secretary Robert Vance has been honored for the "highest level" of ethical standards by a watchdog panel that oversees the behavior of executive branch staffers.
The Executive Branch Ethics Commission recently presented Vance with the Livingston Taylor Ethics Award.
John Steffen, head of the commission, says Vance has stressed ethical behavior in his role as head of the Kentucky Public Protection Cabinet.
Besides requiring his employees to attend ethics training, Vance started an internal evaluation program that includes coaching employees on making ethical decisions.