Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon December 8, 2008
PPS Finds Backup Power Source
By Carrie Pond
Paducah, KY – Paducah Power System is taking another step toward producing its own power. The Paducah Sun reports PPS hopes to install a natural gas line from Calvert City to the site of a proposed new turbine generating plant on Schneidman Road. PPS plans to use the $120 million dollar turbine plant to supplement power supplies when energy usage is high. The plant is slated for completion in 2010. PPS canceled a 40-year supply contract with Tennessee Valley Authority four years ago, citing plans to lower costs by producing its own power.