Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Wed November 11, 2009
Potential Statewide 211 Service
Paducah, KY – State Senator Bob Leeper says the United Way wants all Kentuckians to be able to access a three-digit phone number where they could get information about state and local services. The Paducah lawmaker says the 211 service is already available in part of the Commonwealth.
"Which takes some of the pressure off the 911, so that folks who have questions about various state and local services can dial 211 to get a more responsible and more appropriate answer to those questions rather than bogging down the 911 system."
Leeper says if there were a statewide 211 service, it would eliminate some of the calls that are now being made to 911.