Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
Fri April 20, 2012
Postmark Commemorating Kentucky Battle
A special postmark is being issued as part of the re-enactment of the Civil War Battle of Sacramento in western Kentucky. The U.S. Postal Service will offer the postmark starting Tuesday as part of a series of commemorations marking the 150th anniversary of the Civil War, which took place from 1861 to 1865. The postmark will be available at a log cabin near the battlegrounds in Sacramento. The Battle of Sacramento took place on December 28, 1861 between Union Major Eli H. Murray and Confederate Col. Nathan Bedford Forrest.