Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 at 7 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- Former Murray High Assistant Coach Pleads Guilty to Rape Cases
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
Wed June 6, 2012
Post Positions Set for Belmont Stakes
The post positions are set for Saturday’s Belmont Stakes, the third leg in thoroughbred racing’s Triple Crown.
Kentucky Derby and Preakness winner I’ll Have Another is the early 4 to 5 favorite in the 12-horse field and will break from post position 11. Trainer Doug O’Neill says his colt is training well in his bid to become the first Triple Crown winner since 1978. He says,
“He’s continued to gallop good, his energy has been good, his appetite’s been strong. He’s handled this whole journey as good as you could possible ask a horse.”
The second betting favorite is Dullahan, at 5 to 1, followed by Union Rags, at 6 to 1. Post time for the one-and-a-half mile race is about 5:35 PM CST.