Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Wed June 6, 2012
Post Positions Set for Belmont Stakes
The post positions are set for Saturday’s Belmont Stakes, the third leg in thoroughbred racing’s Triple Crown.
Kentucky Derby and Preakness winner I’ll Have Another is the early 4 to 5 favorite in the 12-horse field and will break from post position 11. Trainer Doug O’Neill says his colt is training well in his bid to become the first Triple Crown winner since 1978. He says,
“He’s continued to gallop good, his energy has been good, his appetite’s been strong. He’s handled this whole journey as good as you could possible ask a horse.”
The second betting favorite is Dullahan, at 5 to 1, followed by Union Rags, at 6 to 1. Post time for the one-and-a-half mile race is about 5:35 PM CST.