Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed January 25, 2012
Possible Tax Amnesty
By Drew Adams
Murray, KY – Kentucky officials say a proposed tax amnesty program would generate more than $60 million over the next two years. The amnesty would forgive penalties for thousands of Kentuckians along with forgiveness on half the interest owed the Commonwealth. The Paducah Sun reports State Budget Director Mary Lassiter says it's time to roll out another tax amnesty program, citing the $40 million gained during the last in 2002. The proposal will go before the general assembly next week for approval.