Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Wed January 25, 2012
Possible Tax Amnesty
By Drew Adams
Murray, KY – Kentucky officials say a proposed tax amnesty program would generate more than $60 million over the next two years. The amnesty would forgive penalties for thousands of Kentuckians along with forgiveness on half the interest owed the Commonwealth. The Paducah Sun reports State Budget Director Mary Lassiter says it's time to roll out another tax amnesty program, citing the $40 million gained during the last in 2002. The proposal will go before the general assembly next week for approval.