Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Fri July 19, 2013
Possible Downburst Hits Calloway County Community
A powerful storm moved through parts of northern Calloway County early Thursday afternoon, generating a possible downburst near Kirksey that damaged more than 20 structures, leveled about 50 trees, and brought down several power lines.
There was also some crop damage from hail as well as wind.
Paducah National Weather Service meteorologist Mike York said the mile-and-a-half wide storm struck southwest of Kirksey just before 1 p.m.
Calloway County Office of Emergency Management Director Bill Call said no injuries were reported.