Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Fri July 19, 2013
Possible Downburst Hits Calloway County Community
A powerful storm moved through parts of northern Calloway County early Thursday afternoon, generating a possible downburst near Kirksey that damaged more than 20 structures, leveled about 50 trees, and brought down several power lines.
There was also some crop damage from hail as well as wind.
Paducah National Weather Service meteorologist Mike York said the mile-and-a-half wide storm struck southwest of Kirksey just before 1 p.m.
Calloway County Office of Emergency Management Director Bill Call said no injuries were reported.