Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon December 30, 2013
Pope County Documentarian on The Making of "They Will Endure"
A few weeks back we heard about holiday activities raising money for a new documentary produced about Pope County and today we meet its producer. The film is titled "They Will Endure," and it covers how the county was settled in the late eighteenth century to the great flood of 1937.
It was inspired by the research, writings, and archives of the late Pope County historian Mildred McCormick. Producer Richard Kuenneke took on the job of weaving McCormick's work together with interviews of residents and other historians.
Now social media producer for Calibrated Power Solutions, Inc., in Woodstock, Illinois, Kuenneke was founder, director and writer for Oakview Road Media in Carbondale, where he also produced for SIU-TV. Kate Lochte asked Mr. Kuenneke about the new production.
Richard Kuenneke produced "They will Endure: Pope County Illinois - A History" based on the research, writings, and archives of the late Pope Countian, Mildred Barger McCormick, who wrote for many years for Springhouse Magazine and authored hundreds of "Fifty Years Ago Today" columns for the Herald Enterprise newspaper. Learn more about it at theywillendure.org.