Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Wed October 20, 2010
Poll Puts Conway Ahead of Paul
By Chris Taylor
Washington D.C. – A new Democratic poll shows Jack Conway has edged out a lead over Rand Paul in the Commonwealth's US Senate race. The Washington Post reports a Bennet, Petts and Normington poll shows Democrat Conway at 49% leading Republican Paul at 47%.
This is Conway's best showing in a poll since early this summer.
The poll was conducted Sunday and Monday of this week, just one day after the Conway camp launched a controversial ad criticizing Paul's past.