Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Mon October 18, 2010
Poll: Leeper & Smith in Statistical Dead Heat
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – In an independent poll, incumbent 2nd District State Senator Bob Leeper and Democratic challenger Rex Smith are in a statistical dead heat. The poll was conducted by cable-provider Insight Communications' Commonwealth Network and has Leeper holding about a 4% lead over Smith with a 4.5% margin of error. The poll surveyed some 450 likely voters in Marshall, McCracken and Ballard counties at the end of last month, finding about 40% would support Leeper, 36% back Smith with Republican candidate Mike East drawing about 10%.