Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Mon August 13, 2012
Political Junkies Excited for Biden-Ryan Matchup at Centre College
This year's vice presidential debate at Centre College is shaping up to be a policy wonk's dream.
Both Vice President Joe Biden and newly-minted Republican VP candidate Paul Ryan are longtime lawmakers who are steeped in policy.
“I think it will be a substantive debate, meaning that these are both serious policymakers and they both have substantial voting records and careers to discuss, even though Congressman Ryan is relatively young at 42, he’s been in Congressman since January 1999,” says University of Louisville professor Jasmine Farrier.
Farrier says Biden will likely attack Ryan on his recent budget proposals as well as his voting record during President George W. Bush's time in office. Likewise, Ryan will likely attack Biden's voting record as a Senator.
The debate is scheduled for Thursday, October 11 at 9 pm. ABC News foreign correspondent Martha Raddatz will moderate.