Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri August 30, 2013
Policy Solutions Around the Growing Workforce Needs of Manufacturers
Former Kentucky State Senator Greg Higdon, now President and CEO of the Kentucky Association of Manufacturers, seeks policy solutions around the growing workforce needs of manufacturers. These needs include recruiting more students into workforce development programs; developing a curriculum spanning secondary and postsecondary education to produce a more work-ready adult graduating and more. The Fancy Farm native’s career trajectory has put him in Frankfort for work, but Higdon returns to western Kentucky each weekend and he visits Kate on Sounds Good to talk about his latest progress.