Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Fri August 30, 2013
Policy Solutions Around the Growing Workforce Needs of Manufacturers
Former Kentucky State Senator Greg Higdon, now President and CEO of the Kentucky Association of Manufacturers, seeks policy solutions around the growing workforce needs of manufacturers. These needs include recruiting more students into workforce development programs; developing a curriculum spanning secondary and postsecondary education to produce a more work-ready adult graduating and more. The Fancy Farm native’s career trajectory has put him in Frankfort for work, but Higdon returns to western Kentucky each weekend and he visits Kate on Sounds Good to talk about his latest progress.