Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Fri August 30, 2013
Policy Solutions Around the Growing Workforce Needs of Manufacturers
Former Kentucky State Senator Greg Higdon, now President and CEO of the Kentucky Association of Manufacturers, seeks policy solutions around the growing workforce needs of manufacturers. These needs include recruiting more students into workforce development programs; developing a curriculum spanning secondary and postsecondary education to produce a more work-ready adult graduating and more. The Fancy Farm native’s career trajectory has put him in Frankfort for work, but Higdon returns to western Kentucky each weekend and he visits Kate on Sounds Good to talk about his latest progress.