Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu January 3, 2013
Police Providing Security Support to Paris Schools
Local police are providing security for schools in the Paris Special School District while administrators review and update safety plans. PSSD Director Mike Brown says Paris Police and Henry County Sheriff officers will be in each of the three schools in the district.
“That will give us some immediate help while we take more time to look at a long term strategy of what would be the best way to provide more safety and security for our students.”
Brown says the new security measures are being implemented in response to the Newtown, Connecticut shooting and not due to any threat to the schools. He says having officers at the schools full time may not be part of the long term plans. Brown says a local school safety forum is planned for January 11th. He says school officials are also consulting a school safety expert and are participating in a statewide forum sponsored by the Department of Education at the end of the month.