Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Around the Nation
Wed October 2, 2013
Police Mistakenly Sent Text About Upcoming Drug Deal
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep.
This happens again and again. A man planning a drug deal mistakenly sends a text message to the police. It's happened so often, it could be some kind of case study for psychologists. The latest alleged seller was Nicholas Delear of New Jersey, who sent his message to the wrong guy and met up later with an undercover cop.
People, there is no point worrying about NSA electronic surveillance when you perform surveillance on yourself.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.