Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Around the Nation
Wed October 2, 2013
Police Mistakenly Sent Text About Upcoming Drug Deal
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep.
This happens again and again. A man planning a drug deal mistakenly sends a text message to the police. It's happened so often, it could be some kind of case study for psychologists. The latest alleged seller was Nicholas Delear of New Jersey, who sent his message to the wrong guy and met up later with an undercover cop.
People, there is no point worrying about NSA electronic surveillance when you perform surveillance on yourself.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.