Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Around the Nation
Wed October 2, 2013
Police Mistakenly Sent Text About Upcoming Drug Deal
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep.
This happens again and again. A man planning a drug deal mistakenly sends a text message to the police. It's happened so often, it could be some kind of case study for psychologists. The latest alleged seller was Nicholas Delear of New Jersey, who sent his message to the wrong guy and met up later with an undercover cop.
People, there is no point worrying about NSA electronic surveillance when you perform surveillance on yourself.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.