Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Around the Nation
Wed October 2, 2013
Police Mistakenly Sent Text About Upcoming Drug Deal
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep.
This happens again and again. A man planning a drug deal mistakenly sends a text message to the police. It's happened so often, it could be some kind of case study for psychologists. The latest alleged seller was Nicholas Delear of New Jersey, who sent his message to the wrong guy and met up later with an undercover cop.
People, there is no point worrying about NSA electronic surveillance when you perform surveillance on yourself.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.