Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Wed July 17, 2013
Police Looking for Hazel Bank Robber
On Wednesday, July 17, 2013 at approximately 9:11 AM, a black male entered the BB&T Bank in Hazel, KY. The unknown male was armed with a handgun and demanded money from a teller. The teller complied and handed over an unknown amount of money. The male then exited the bank and ran off on foot in an unknown direction of travel. The robber was described as a black male approximately 6’0” to 6’6”, slim build. The robber was wearing light colored pants, a long sleeve red plaid shirt, a ball cap and some type of clothing covering his face and head. The robber was armed with a handgun and is considered to be “armed and dangerous”.
The Kentucky State Police is leading the investigation and is being assisted by the Calloway County Sherriff’s Office, Tennessee Highway Patrol, and Henry County Sherriff’s Office.
Anyone with information can contact the Kentucky State Police at (270) 856-3721 or toll-free in Kentucky, at 1-800-222-5555, callers may remain anonymous. The public can also text-a-tip at 67283 and remain anonymous.