Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu December 31, 2009
Police K-9 Attacks Pedestrian
By Chris Taylor
Hopkinsville, KY – The Christian County Sheriff's Department is conducting an internal investigation after one its K-9 police dogs ran after and attacked an innocent pedestrian yesterday. 70-year-old Wilma Lacefield was bitten on her arms, causing lacerated wounds. The K-9's handler, Deputy Scott Noisworthy was able kennel the dog. The Sheriff's Department has placed the dog on inactive status until the investigation is completed.