Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri September 25, 2009
Police: Gunshot Victim ID'd Attacker Before Dying
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – A Paducah man wounded by shotgun blast to the chest identified his attacker before he died. A Police detective testified yesterday at the preliminary hearing of 35-year-old Christopher Carruthers in McCracken Circuit Court. Detective Justin Canup says immediately following the shooting, people around 43-year-old Sam "Tommy" Pruitt reported him saying that "Psycho" shot him. According to police, Psycho is the street name of Carruthers. The Paducah Sun reports Carruthers now awaits a grand jury's decision whether or not to indict him on a murder charge. If indicted, his next court appearance will be in late November. He has pleaded not guilty.