Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Fri September 25, 2009
Police: Gunshot Victim ID'd Attacker Before Dying
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – A Paducah man wounded by shotgun blast to the chest identified his attacker before he died. A Police detective testified yesterday at the preliminary hearing of 35-year-old Christopher Carruthers in McCracken Circuit Court. Detective Justin Canup says immediately following the shooting, people around 43-year-old Sam "Tommy" Pruitt reported him saying that "Psycho" shot him. According to police, Psycho is the street name of Carruthers. The Paducah Sun reports Carruthers now awaits a grand jury's decision whether or not to indict him on a murder charge. If indicted, his next court appearance will be in late November. He has pleaded not guilty.