Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri September 25, 2009
Police: Gunshot Victim ID'd Attacker Before Dying
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – A Paducah man wounded by shotgun blast to the chest identified his attacker before he died. A Police detective testified yesterday at the preliminary hearing of 35-year-old Christopher Carruthers in McCracken Circuit Court. Detective Justin Canup says immediately following the shooting, people around 43-year-old Sam "Tommy" Pruitt reported him saying that "Psycho" shot him. According to police, Psycho is the street name of Carruthers. The Paducah Sun reports Carruthers now awaits a grand jury's decision whether or not to indict him on a murder charge. If indicted, his next court appearance will be in late November. He has pleaded not guilty.