Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Preservation & Restoration
Sun July 8, 2012
Pogue Library Bringing Oral History Recordings into the Digital Age
Recordings in the Oral History Collection at Murray State University contain stories of the history and culture of the Jackson Purchase region. On reel to reel and cassette tapes, hundreds of recordings amounting to many hundreds of hours of audio are stored in the Pogue Library archives on the school’s campus. Some, however, are joining the rest of the world in making the switch to digital.
Pogue Library’s Cynthia Barnes is part of a project to digitize the old analog recordings and make them available online. WKMS’s Shelly Baskin spoke with her about the project to restore and release the old recordings.