Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- Kentucky Sees Big Change in the Number of People Who Drink Alcohol
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- MSU Alumnus Featured in National Geographic DocuDrama "American Genius"
Poetry Out Loud
Mon March 19, 2012
'Poetry Out Loud' Competition This Week
Kentucky high school students will compete this week in the national Poetry Out Loud recitation contest in Frankfort. Champions from 21 high schools across Kentucky will participate in the state finals Wednesday at the Capital Plaza Hotel. The contest was launched in 2006 by the National Endowment for the Arts and the Poetry Foundation. The Kentucky Arts Council says it helps students master public speaking skills, build self-confidence and learn about their literary heritage. The state winner receives $200 and a trip to Washington for national finals.