Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue April 9, 2013
Playhouse in the Park Presents: "Driving Miss Daisy"
A perennial favorite opens at Murray’s Playhouse in the Park this week: "Driving Miss Daisy," by Alfred Uhry. The 1987 play centers around the relationship of an elderly white Southern Jewish woman, Daisy Werthan, and her African American chauffeur, Hoke Colburn during the time period 1948 to 1973. Kate Lochte speaks with Director Katie Hamilton, and actors Marci Edmonds (Daisy) and Joshua Jones (Hoke) about the production.