Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Tue April 9, 2013
Playhouse in the Park Presents: "Driving Miss Daisy"
A perennial favorite opens at Murray’s Playhouse in the Park this week: "Driving Miss Daisy," by Alfred Uhry. The 1987 play centers around the relationship of an elderly white Southern Jewish woman, Daisy Werthan, and her African American chauffeur, Hoke Colburn during the time period 1948 to 1973. Kate Lochte speaks with Director Katie Hamilton, and actors Marci Edmonds (Daisy) and Joshua Jones (Hoke) about the production.