Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Fri August 15, 2014
Plastic Water Bottle Shows Up In 'Downton Abbey' Photo
Originally published on Fri August 15, 2014 6:36 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Those of us who are Downton Abbey fans know that the period drama is set in the early 1920s. But when PBS released a promotional photo for the series' fifth season, it looked like a time warp worthy of Doctor Who. Lord Grantham and his daughter Lady Edith are posing in front of a fireplace. On the mantle behind them - several antique vases and a plastic water bottle, something that wasn't invented in 1920. Can you imagine the horror on Mr. Carson's face? It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.