Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Fri August 17, 2012
Planters Bank to Acquire Five Western Ky. Bank Locations
Hopkinsville-based Planters Banks is taking over five former Old National Bank branches in western Kentucky. Planters plans to acquire locations in Princeton, Providence, Dawson Springs, Sebree and Sturgis. The move will add $92 million in deposits to Planter’s liabilities.
The bank will not take over any outstanding loans. If regulators approve the acquisition, the deal will be complete within four months. Planters was founded in 1996, and has three Hopkinsville branches and five Clarksville branches, as well as one mortgage office.