Most Active Stories
- Why Does Murray Have So Many Banks?
- [Slideshow, Audio] Cleaning Up The Columbia Theatre, A Paducah Treasure
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- WKMS Documentary "I Am John Scopes" Debuts Friday at Noon
Fri August 17, 2012
Planters Bank to Acquire Five Western Ky. Bank Locations
Hopkinsville-based Planters Banks is taking over five former Old National Bank branches in western Kentucky. Planters plans to acquire locations in Princeton, Providence, Dawson Springs, Sebree and Sturgis. The move will add $92 million in deposits to Planter’s liabilities.
The bank will not take over any outstanding loans. If regulators approve the acquisition, the deal will be complete within four months. Planters was founded in 1996, and has three Hopkinsville branches and five Clarksville branches, as well as one mortgage office.