Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Fri August 17, 2012
Planters Bank to Acquire Five Western Ky. Bank Locations
Hopkinsville-based Planters Banks is taking over five former Old National Bank branches in western Kentucky. Planters plans to acquire locations in Princeton, Providence, Dawson Springs, Sebree and Sturgis. The move will add $92 million in deposits to Planter’s liabilities.
The bank will not take over any outstanding loans. If regulators approve the acquisition, the deal will be complete within four months. Planters was founded in 1996, and has three Hopkinsville branches and five Clarksville branches, as well as one mortgage office.