Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Wed November 21, 2012
Plans Under Way for New W. Ky. Farm
An Indiana-based company plans to open a turkey farm in McLean County. Executives with Farbest Farms outlined plans for the venture this week at a Fiscal Court meeting in McLean. The Messenger-Inquirer reports the plans include a 50-acre brooding hub where turkeys would be hatched and raised until they are 30 days old.
At that point, the birds would go to family farms in McLean, Daviess and Ohio counties. Farbest officials estimate the brooding facility will be completed by the end of next year.