Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed November 21, 2012
Plans Under Way for New W. Ky. Farm
An Indiana-based company plans to open a turkey farm in McLean County. Executives with Farbest Farms outlined plans for the venture this week at a Fiscal Court meeting in McLean. The Messenger-Inquirer reports the plans include a 50-acre brooding hub where turkeys would be hatched and raised until they are 30 days old.
At that point, the birds would go to family farms in McLean, Daviess and Ohio counties. Farbest officials estimate the brooding facility will be completed by the end of next year.