Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Wed November 21, 2012
Plans Under Way for New W. Ky. Farm
An Indiana-based company plans to open a turkey farm in McLean County. Executives with Farbest Farms outlined plans for the venture this week at a Fiscal Court meeting in McLean. The Messenger-Inquirer reports the plans include a 50-acre brooding hub where turkeys would be hatched and raised until they are 30 days old.
At that point, the birds would go to family farms in McLean, Daviess and Ohio counties. Farbest officials estimate the brooding facility will be completed by the end of next year.