Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Wed November 21, 2012
Plans Under Way for New W. Ky. Farm
An Indiana-based company plans to open a turkey farm in McLean County. Executives with Farbest Farms outlined plans for the venture this week at a Fiscal Court meeting in McLean. The Messenger-Inquirer reports the plans include a 50-acre brooding hub where turkeys would be hatched and raised until they are 30 days old.
At that point, the birds would go to family farms in McLean, Daviess and Ohio counties. Farbest officials estimate the brooding facility will be completed by the end of next year.