Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Wed November 21, 2012
Plans Under Way for New W. Ky. Farm
An Indiana-based company plans to open a turkey farm in McLean County. Executives with Farbest Farms outlined plans for the venture this week at a Fiscal Court meeting in McLean. The Messenger-Inquirer reports the plans include a 50-acre brooding hub where turkeys would be hatched and raised until they are 30 days old.
At that point, the birds would go to family farms in McLean, Daviess and Ohio counties. Farbest officials estimate the brooding facility will be completed by the end of next year.