Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Hopkinsville HS Students Allege Discrimination Over LGBT Related Yearbook Quote
Tue March 18, 2014
Plans Revealed for New Murray Career Center
Plans are underway to build Murray’s Industrial Development Career Center a permanent home in Murray's West Industrial Park. According to Mark Manning, president of the Murray-Calloway County Economic Development Corporation, the Career Center provides employment and training services for numerous companies such as Pella and is instrumental in bringing new industries to Murray.
The city has provided a building downtown in the past, but the facility was too small for the center and suffered significant roof damage from recent ice storms. The new location is ideal, according to Manning because it will be centrally located to industrial employees but on a piece of industrial park property unsuitable for manufacturing, thereby occupying space not considered for future industrial construction.
Financing for the project is being sought through a low interest USDA Department of Rural Development loan, that Manning is optimistic on receiving. Manning hopes to have an approved contractor for the Career Center or already be in construction within the next 60 days.
Battle of the Bands Finals