Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Fri June 15, 2012
Plans to clean up bridge debris begin
Marshall and Trigg Counties’ Judge Executives are talking with representatives from Foss Maritime about handling the wreckage left from Eggner’s Ferry Bridge collapse.
Foss operated the Delta Mariner which crashed into the bridge in January. Neither county or Foss have made offers to clean up the wreckage. But Foss officials tell the Paducah Sun they are open to ideas to clean up the tons of debris at the bottom of the waterway that are environmentally sound and fair.