Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Fri June 15, 2012
Plans to clean up bridge debris begin
Marshall and Trigg Counties’ Judge Executives are talking with representatives from Foss Maritime about handling the wreckage left from Eggner’s Ferry Bridge collapse.
Foss operated the Delta Mariner which crashed into the bridge in January. Neither county or Foss have made offers to clean up the wreckage. But Foss officials tell the Paducah Sun they are open to ideas to clean up the tons of debris at the bottom of the waterway that are environmentally sound and fair.