Most Active Stories
- Why Does Murray Have So Many Banks?
- [Slideshow, Audio] Cleaning Up The Columbia Theatre, A Paducah Treasure
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Wet Vote Wins: Marshall County to Allow Alcohol Sales
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
Mon June 10, 2013
Planned Parenthood in Ky., Ind. to Merge
The Planned Parenthood affiliates in Kentucky and Indiana are merging starting July 1. Announced Monday in Louisville, Planned Parenthood of Indiana and Kentucky will serve patients at 28 health centers across the two states.
Planned Parenthood officials say the merger will strengthen services in both states and ensure reproductive health remains accessible and affordable.
All 28 centers will offer preventative health care services, such as pap tests, breast exams, birth control and pregnancy tests.
Mergers have been common within Planned Parenthood. At one time the national organization had more than 200 affiliates, and now there are 73 nationwide.
The combined affiliate will have 190 employees.