Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Mon June 10, 2013
Planned Parenthood in Ky., Ind. to Merge
The Planned Parenthood affiliates in Kentucky and Indiana are merging starting July 1. Announced Monday in Louisville, Planned Parenthood of Indiana and Kentucky will serve patients at 28 health centers across the two states.
Planned Parenthood officials say the merger will strengthen services in both states and ensure reproductive health remains accessible and affordable.
All 28 centers will offer preventative health care services, such as pap tests, breast exams, birth control and pregnancy tests.
Mergers have been common within Planned Parenthood. At one time the national organization had more than 200 affiliates, and now there are 73 nationwide.
The combined affiliate will have 190 employees.