Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Thu November 1, 2012
P&L Railway Opens Outreach Center After Train Derailment
Paducah and Louisville Railway opened an outreach center this morning for displaced residents affected by a train derailment in central Kentucky. The train crashed Monday, releasing butadiene into the air. It’s a hazardous chemical used in making tires. A statement from the company says the outreach center will help resident seeking reimbursement for money spent on lodging, food, lost work days, and travel expenses. Residents near the crash evacuated for safety. And yesterday, three workers were injured when a fire broke out during clean up efforts.
Kentucky Public Radio member station WFPL has been following breaking news on the train derailment.
Photo identification and receipts are necessary for assistance at the outreach center, located at VFW Post 1181, 6518 Blevins Gap Road (off Dixie Highway). For more information, call 731-225-6808. The outreach center will remain open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily until further notice.