Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Around the Nation
Mon September 23, 2013
Pirate Gathering In Virginia Doesn't Come Close To Record
Originally published on Mon September 23, 2013 9:35 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene with news of the Pirates falling short. No, not the baseball team, thank goodness. We're talking about International Pirate Day in Newport News, Virginia. Thousands in costumes turned up at The Mariners' Museum. They wanted to break the Guinness record for largest pirate gathering. But shiver me timbers, they fell short and not just by few wooden legs. The museum might give it another heave-ho next year.
Argh, its MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.