Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Around the Nation
Mon September 23, 2013
Pirate Gathering In Virginia Doesn't Come Close To Record
Originally published on Mon September 23, 2013 9:35 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene with news of the Pirates falling short. No, not the baseball team, thank goodness. We're talking about International Pirate Day in Newport News, Virginia. Thousands in costumes turned up at The Mariners' Museum. They wanted to break the Guinness record for largest pirate gathering. But shiver me timbers, they fell short and not just by few wooden legs. The museum might give it another heave-ho next year.
Argh, its MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.