Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri August 23, 2013
Pilot Flying J Defends Settlement
The head of a group filing lawsuit against The Pilot Flying J diesel retail chain says the group is not a "shell company" for the chain. The truck stop chain is run by the family of Tennessee governor Bill Haslam. Pilot Flying J has agreed to settle the lawsuit filed in Arkansas by National Trucking Financial Reclamation Services. National Trucking was founded by Arkansas Trucking Association President Lane Kidd just days after the FBI brought allegations Pilot reduced the amount of rebates smaller trucking companies were owed.
Attorneys for other trucking companies suing Pilot say the settlement was inadequate. They are calling National Trucking a "shell company." But Kidd said in a statement yesterday that he created the group solely to "seek justice."