Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri July 12, 2013
Phoenix On World Cafe
Originally published on Fri December 5, 2014 12:37 pm
The French band Phoenix seems to be appearing at the top of music charts all over the world. In 2009, Phoenix's album Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix guided them to fame with popular tracks like "1901" and "Lisztomania."
Released in April, the band's latest album, Bankrupt!, is a departure from its earlier pop sound, with more complex elements at its core. Phoenix joins World Cafe Live to perform both new and old songs onstage in Philadelphia. Frontman Thomas Mars and guitarist Laurent "Branco" Brancowitz also chat about dealing with the success of Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix and growing up in Versailles.
This World Cafe studio session was originally published July 12, 2013.