Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Fri July 12, 2013
Phoenix On World Cafe
Originally published on Fri December 5, 2014 12:37 pm
The French band Phoenix seems to be appearing at the top of music charts all over the world. In 2009, Phoenix's album Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix guided them to fame with popular tracks like "1901" and "Lisztomania."
Released in April, the band's latest album, Bankrupt!, is a departure from its earlier pop sound, with more complex elements at its core. Phoenix joins World Cafe Live to perform both new and old songs onstage in Philadelphia. Frontman Thomas Mars and guitarist Laurent "Branco" Brancowitz also chat about dealing with the success of Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix and growing up in Versailles.
This World Cafe studio session was originally published July 12, 2013.