Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Fri July 12, 2013
Phoenix On World Cafe
Originally published on Wed October 2, 2013 4:32 pm
The French band Phoenix seems to be appearing at the top of music charts all over the world. In 2009, Phoenix's album Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix guided them to fame with popular tracks like "1901" and "Lisztomania."
Released in April, the band's latest album, Bankrupt!, is a departure from its earlier pop sound, with more complex elements at its core. Phoenix joins World Cafe Live to perform both new and old songs onstage in Philadelphia. Frontman Thomas Mars and guitarist Laurent "Branco" Brancowitz also chat about dealing with the success of Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix and growing up in Versailles.
This World Cafe studio session was originally published July 12, 2013.