Most Active Stories
- Why Does Murray Have So Many Banks?
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Murray Finance Director Alan Lanier Resigns
- Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis Testifies in Federal Court
Mon May 19, 2014
Penguin Project Pairs Special Needs Kids with Peer Mentors in Theatre
Murray's Playhouse in the Park is starting a program for kids with special needs called The Penguin Project. At 6 p.m. this Thursday (May 22) and next Thursday (May 29), Playhouse hosts introductory - get acquainted meetings for special needs youth with youth interested in becoming peer mentors, and anyone who wants to know more about the project. Kate Lochte learns more with founder and director Dr. Andy Morgan. Dr. Morgan is a professor of clinical pediatrics and former head of the Division of Child Development at the University College of Medicine in Peoria, Illinois.