Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
Thu November 8, 2012
Pendleton Plans to Request Vote Recanvass
Kentucky Third District State Senator Joey Pendleton plans to request a recanvass after he narrowly lost in Tuesday’s election. Pendleton, a five-term Democratic incumbent, lost by around 300 votes to Republican newcomer Whitney Westerfield. Pendleton tells the Kentucky New Era he owes it to his voters to ask for the recanvass, a process that checks for accuracy. Pendleton adds that if it shows a 150-vote gap or less, he’ll ask for an official recount.
Westerfield says he understands Pendleton’s desire for a recanvass, but he’s ready to represent the third district.
“But they know I’m ready to get up there and work. And I think it’s also important, something I’ve repeatedly said on the campaign trail, I don’t have any intention to go up there and satisfy any politicians," said Westerfield.
Pendleton has until Nov. 13 to ask the Kentucky Secretary of State’s office to do the recanvass.
2012 General Assembly