Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Explosion at Moonshine Distillery in Marshall County
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Mon November 19, 2012
Pendleton Officially Concedes Race
Long-time state senator Joey Pendleton of Hopkinsville has officially conceded the Third District senate race to opponent Whitney Westerfield. Pendleton, a Democrat, requested a recanvass after he lost the election by just under 300 votes.
The recanvass returned the exact same results. Pendleton, who has been a state senator for nearly 20 years, said in a statement released today that continuing to contest the election would not be good for the third district. He says he’s honored to have served Christian, Logan and Todd counties, and plans to advocate for local interests.