Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
Mon November 19, 2012
Pendleton Officially Concedes Race
Long-time state senator Joey Pendleton of Hopkinsville has officially conceded the Third District senate race to opponent Whitney Westerfield. Pendleton, a Democrat, requested a recanvass after he lost the election by just under 300 votes.
The recanvass returned the exact same results. Pendleton, who has been a state senator for nearly 20 years, said in a statement released today that continuing to contest the election would not be good for the third district. He says he’s honored to have served Christian, Logan and Todd counties, and plans to advocate for local interests.