Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Thu December 10, 2009
Pendleton on Healthier Lifestyles
By Dan Conti/ Paco Long-Mendez
Frankfort, KY – Unless Kentuckians change their ways and adopt healthier lifestyles, State Senator Joey Pendleton of Hopkinsville says the Commonwealth will be at a severe disadvantage when it comes to attracting new business. The democrat says he's troubled by the state's problems with obesity and heart disease.
He says Kentucky is just one generation away from having people who can't get off the couch and go to work
"Industry looks to education right now; it is why we comment to Kentucky, what is your education system. The next thing they'll be able to do is pull the data on the health of Kentucky. If we're not a healthy state, then they're going to look somewhere else because they need a workforce that is going to show up to work."