Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon October 1, 2012
Peebles Talks About Fighting Back Against Relationship Violence
Take Back the Night is an event held by organizations dedicated to helping women achieve safety and empowerment. However, this night is not for women only. Organizers encourage men, women, and children of all ages to attend. Violence is a dark part of society that affects us all. Take Back the Night seeks to end sexual violence in all of its forms including sexual assault, sexual abuse, dating violence, and domestic violence. Denese Peebles, president of A Community of Women, Inc., joined Angela Hatton on Sounds Good to talk about two Take Back the Night events coming up in our region, one in Metropolis, and one in Paducah.