Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Fri October 16, 2009
Peace Corps Writers Award winner reads at Murray State
By Kate Lochte
Murray, KY – 2009 Maria Thomas Peace Corps Writers Award for Fiction winner Barry Kitterman is guest author for the Murray State University Reading Series this coming Thursday in MSU's Clara M. Eagle Gallery. The Austin Peay State University faculty member's novel The Baker's Boy came out last year. Kate Lochte speaks with Barry Kitterman.
Southern Methodist University Press published Barry Kitterman's award-winning novel, The Baker's Boy, last year. Poet Ann Neelon's review of the novel is at peace-corps-worldwide.org. Kitterman reads from his works for Murray State's Reading Series at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, October 22, in the Clara M. Eagle Gallery on the sixth floor of the Doyle Fine Arts Center.